Monday, November 17, 2008

Old Time Holidays

So this year for the Holidays my family and I decided that we would make each others gifts (except for the little tykes -- they get toys) It will really keep costs low with the economy the way it is and everything. Of course my husband thinks that it is a stupid idea. . . not really a do-it-yourself'er. But I love the idea!!

So now what to put in the baskets?

Here is what I have so far --

Womens:
  • 1 bar of soap (Goat Milk)
  • 2 cut out guest soaps (Clear M&P) Using this wonderful Technique
  • Package of Bath Bombs
  • Bath Poof
  • Lip Balm
  • Lotion Bar
  • Journal w/match book notepad
  • Jewelry of some type. . .made by me of course
Mens:
  • 1 bar of soap (Goat Milk)
  • 2 cut out guest soaps (Clear M&P)
  • Wash Cloth
  • Lip Balm
  • Lotion bar (Foot Balm)
  • a few match book notepad (done in a manly color)
I couldn't think of anything special for the mens basket. . . all though I doubt that they will care. But I do think that it needs something extra. I omitted the bath bombs and journal, cause I don't think I can make them manly. I think that they will still use the match book notepads, since they slip right into your pocket. The lotion bar will be like a foot bar for the guys, scented with peppermint. And a regular body lotion bar for the girls.

I just need to think of something else for the guys? Any suggestions?

No comments: