Wednesday, November 12, 2008

100% Recycled. . .my small step to go green

So I am a packrat, and I love the idea of taking something old and turning it into something new.

When a friend of mine at works was ripping manila folders in half (she only needed the tabby side for her project) and was going to toss out the other half. . . well I just couldn't let that happen!
So I took them home and decided to get a little creative.

Some tissue paper, scrap paper, mod podge and hemp later. . . this is what I came up with.







I also made some really cute matchbook notebooks to slip in your pocket or purse.
I'm really thinking about putting them on etsy. I have been wanting to post some things on etsy for a while now, but I never feel that my stuff is up to par. I am my worst critic. . .

2 comments:

Marr Williams said...

Congrats on going green! Love the journal.

Anne-Marie said...

That is adorable! Way to make use of scraps and turn it into something new and useful.